Who can you talk to?
- Not feeling good? Not sure what to do? Need to talk to someone?
- It’s ok to reach out to a trusted friend, teacher, pastor, youth worker, Mum or dad, caregiver, aunt or uncle, brother or sister, nana, koro, family or whanau member, Anamata CAFE, school nurse, an adult you trust, school counsellor who can support you or find the right person to support you.
- Even your doctor can be a helpful person to talk to.
- We are all human and there is someone to help - you are not alone.
Youthline – 0800 376 633
- If you feel like you need to talk, Youthline is a service especially for young people.
- Call 0800 376 633 – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except Christmas Day).
- Youthline offers access to a range of support options. Also check out the Youthline website.
Lifeline – 0800 543 354
- Lifeline New Zealand’s telephone counselling service provides 24 hours a day, 7 days a week counselling and support.
- If you’d like to find out more about Lifeline, you can visit the Lifeline website
The Lowdown – free text 5626
- The Lowdown is a good place to go if you or someone you know is experiencing depression.
- Get all the facts and treatment info. Talk to a trained counsellor
- Visit The Lowdown website to find info on depression, advice on dealing with it and shared personal stories fromeveryday people, celebs and musicians.
- Visit The Lowdown
Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (4 – 9 weekdays)
Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (1pm – 11pm)
- InsideOUT works to make Aotearoa a safer place for young people of diverse genders and sexualities
- Visit InsideOut
Just The Facts:
- To search for doctors, counselling, mental health support, medical services, community events, or current health information in your area, visit Webhealth.
- It is designed to help you, your family/whanau and your community stay well, be strong, and enjoy life.
- Visit Webhealth
EMERGENCY? Call 111 –
- If you are unsure of what to do Call 111 – they are there to help.
- If you or someone is in an emergency situation, please call 111 right now. Don’t wait.